Lake Tahoe - Roadtrip from California to Idaho

Were heading to Idaho from California, and guess what? We went land travel and means it was Roadtrip :) :) Yay. Hahaha yeah I know its a long drive it was like 11 hours and of course I'm not driving hahaha pity for my driver (hubby) but if you're driving in this beautiful country with a stunning view I guess its worth it. Roadtrip is great because you can stop if you can see a beautiful spot a beautiful sceneries. Every time I saw beautiful spot I always told my hubby to stop and the 11 hours drive become 16 hours drive haha. The stop I really liked the most was the Lake Tahoe. Ohh my God It was so beautiful, I can't describe just I can't close my mouth for kept on saying WOW all the time hahaha I can stay there all day, but were still far from Idaho. We just stayed like an hour, I swear Lake Tahoe is still in our bucket list to visit. I wanna go back there again someday and stay for a day or two and explore more of the place.

Lake Tahoe is a large freshwater lake in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, straddling the border of California and Nevada. It’s known for its beaches and ski resorts. On the southwest shore, Emerald Bay State Park contains the 1929 Nordic-style mansion Vikingsholm. Along the lake’s northeast side, Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park includes Sand Harbor Beach and Spooner Lake, a gateway to the long-distance Tahoe Rim Trail.

Photos taken in Emerald Bay State Park. 























And these are the photos I took before we reached Lake Tahoe. I just so much liked the pine trees, the green surroundings ahhh its like a paradise we did some stop before we reached Lake Tahoe. Wished to go back there during fall season, I bet its more beautiful the changing colors of the trees :) :)












All photos taken by my iPhone 8 Plus

32 comments:

  1. Gosh 11 hours is a long time to travel for a road trip but my goodness are those views of Lake Tehoe worth it. The Emerald state park is so magical to look at, you must have had an incredible time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was such a long time but its worth it. We still want to do it again when were going to visit California soon :) such an incredible time indeed :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. this is certainly worth a long trip :) the view and setting is mesmerizing and breathtaking. looks like you had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like driving past beautiful sights like these! I love that you took your time and enjoyed the places! Your photos are so beautiful, I enjoyed looking at each one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lake Tahoe is often featured in many American movie such as the "Ugly Truth". It was beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes so beautiful. Thankful to see it in person :) :)

      Delete
  5. Oh what an amazing road trip! I absolutely love Lake Tahoe and spent several childhood years going there for family vacations. It's just incredible to be in all that lush nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so lucky to spend childhood in such a beautiful Lake Tahoe :) :) :)

      Delete
  6. Your road trip sounds amazing! And I love your pictures, so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous place to be! I love that it is so nature filled with amazingly beautiful views. Thanks for sharing your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That like looks mesmerizing! I wish I can visit California in the future and would definitely travel to that lake too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing pictures! Took our breath away... What have you clicked them with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Clicked it with iPhone 8 Plus :) :)

      Delete
  10. I love watching all these pictures and all the pictures are so breathtaking and surreal. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woooow... I completely forgot how is to be on the road so many hours. That must be exhausting! (in Europe you can cross 2 countries in such a time) I hope, afterwards you had a long and good relax in nature :)

    Btw. I appreciate the quality of streets here. I used to come across bumpy roads going for hiking ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah America is so Big haha. I love to visit Europe. I only been to UK. I still want to visit Europe :) :)

      Delete
  12. The view is absolutely stunning! No wonder you guys were zapped by it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lake Tahoe is very beautiful; I love how clean the waters are. And I tend to love road trips especially when we are off to a destination to have fun...fun always starts from the car lol! Unless it is too far and I'll need to take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to take a nap but I don't want to missed sceneries in the road lol hahaha

      Delete
  14. If the scenery is just like this would love to go for a drive more than 11 hours...such a great place...love to go such places during weekend rather than so much crowded places!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I always prefer out of town than in the city proper hehe

      Delete
  15. Lake Tahoe looks so beautiful. I love road trips and getting out and exploring nature - this would be an amazing way to spend a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet this is. we will go back there someday and spend a day or two :)

      Delete
  16. What a stunning scenery! I've always wanted to go to the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Lake Tahoe looks absolutely breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) :) I want to explore more on lake tahoe and nearby :)

      Delete

Adventurous Thoughts!!

Featured Post

City of Rocks National Reserve - Idaho

I been wanting to see City of Rocks during Fall Season and finally I did it this year. We drove to the Castle of Rocks then to the City of R...