Grand Canyon of Southwest Idaho

Welcome to the Grand Canyon of Southwest Idaho! This canyon was shaped by an astounding combination of volcanism, glacial melt and regional drainage patterns. The Bruneau Overlook is the only readily accessible spot to view this spectacular canyon carved through basalt and rhyolite by the Bruneau River. The opposite rim is 1,300 feet away and the distance from rim to riverbed is 800 feet. From this spot near the northern end of the 60-mile canyon, view the wild and scenic Bruneau River tumbling out of the Bruneau-Jarbidge Rivers Wilderness.

Last saturday we went to a Quick Roadtrip to CJ Strike Reservoir. On our way home we saw a sign saying to Bruneau Canyon Overlook (18 miles). We decided to turn back and and follow the sign hahaha. We tried google map but there was no service. Its hard to get service in that area (AT&T). We drove to a rough road with sunflowers each side of the road. It was beautiful and finally we got service in the higher grounds and used a map to that canyon. 

We are so happy that we went see this Canyon, its so beautiful. Its like a hidden treasure of Idaho. Grand Canyon is on my bucket list so i was so happy to see this. Its like the Grand Canyon. OMG it took my breath away.



















 


   

I will be forever grateful and thankful to our God for letting me see this kind of natural landscape formation. 

29 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely breathtaking, you've captured the Grand Canyon beautifully! This is going on my travel list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I would love to be able to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must sound weird but I haven't ever heard of this place until now. The pictures are lovely. I want to visit the place too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah this place is not known, it seems like its in the middle of nowhere hehe

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks absolutely amazing! The Grand Canyon definitely is on my list for places to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the Grand Canyon State of Arizona and had no idea of a Grand Canyon in Idaho. This looks very scenic and picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah this place is located in Bruneau and it seems like in the middle of nowhere haha

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos. I'd love to explore more and this looks like a lovely place x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what an amazing view <3 It is so exciting to capture this kind of views

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grand Dawn is an amazing miracle of nature. I enjoyed watching your photos. I would like to visit it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures of Grand Canyon of Southwest Idaho. The nature gives such beautiful wonders and there is so much to be explored. We hope to make a visit to these wonderful Canyons sometime as being travel bloggers, we always look out for newer destinations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grand canyon is a big dream to me. I really wan to visit it one day

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like the famous Grand Canyon in Arizona! Glad you had a great time. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty! I would love to see this in real life one day. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's like the Grand Canyon's brother! I had never heard of this place befre, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love spontaneous adventures that lead to something so amazing! I had to no idea anything like existed in Idaho. Honestly though I never thought about it. I'm so happy I read this post so I can find a way to visit! We went to a spot kind of like this called Rio Grande Canyon in Taos, New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh i want to visit that Canyon now that i know it :)

      Delete
  15. This place is so beautiful and looks historical, Photography is also very good.
    You looks so cute.
    xo Corina
    https://unbouquetdamour.com/body-and-sexuality/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful area. Three years ago, I took a road trip from Los Angeles to the Black Hills and passed through here. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Adventurous Thoughts!!

Featured Post

City of Rocks National Reserve - Idaho

I been wanting to see City of Rocks during Fall Season and finally I did it this year. We drove to the Castle of Rocks then to the City of R...